Business start up and structures
Do you have a good business idea but are not sure what to do next? It is important that you seek professional help and advice right from the start to ensure that you operate the most suitable trading structure.
This could be one of the following:
- a sole trader
- a partnership
- a limited liability partnership
- a limited company
There are advantages and disadvantages for each trading structure in terms of tax implications, status, control, risk and cost.
At David Allen we will review each business venture individually and consider future plans as well as expected growth, degree of risk involved in the business, regulations which you must abide by and what is important to you. We will discuss each area with you and ensure an informed decision is made about your operating structure.
Once you have decided on your business structure we will ensure that you are registered correctly, including all HM Revenue & Customs requirements. We will provide advice and assistance on bookkeeping and administration, leaving you free to focus on your business idea, knowing that your paperwork is in safe hands.
Our services include:
- providing business and tax planning advice
- reviewing your VAT registration requirements and dealing with VAT registration when necessary
- assisting with your payroll scheme and ensuring compliance in this area
- preparing a business plan to obtain financial support
- preparing Corporation Tax returns for limited companies ensuring that you are claiming allowable expenses to minimise your tax liabilities
- preparing your Self Assessment tax return, ensuring you pay the correct amount of tax by the due dates
We will provide you with topical updates in the form of our regular newsletters and e-bulletins to keep you up to speed with the latest developments.
Our commitment to customer care is second to none and our promise to you is to always go the extra mile in all that we do.
To discuss your business idea, please contact us for a free consultation and to discuss your next steps.