Academies and schools
At David Allen we work alongside a number of local academies and schools, putting forward practical recommendations to ensure their systems and processes adhere to relevant guidance and regulations.
Accountancy and audit requirements
An academy is required to prepare statutory financial statements and these must be independently audited. We will work with you through this whole process, ensuring you comply with relevant legislation.
We believe that the audit process should not simply be seen as a compliance process, but an opportunity for us to review your systems and the existing processes you have in place. We will utilise this knowledge to provide you with practical recommendations to improve the efficiency of your systems, develop your internal processes and help your academy progress.
Assistance and support
Our team will help you by:
- Implementing effective and robust financial systems, procedures and controls including accounting software.
- Advising your governors and the finance team on their responsibilities.
- Offering advice and support to your Finance Manager to ensure that on conversion to an academy, all assets including land and buildings are accounted for correctly.
- Pperating your payroll scheme for you and dealing with the Teachers’ Pension Scheme and Local Government Pensions Scheme requirements.
- Carrying out the role of internal auditor, ensuring that you have a process in place for checking and reviewing your financial controls, systems, transactions and risks.
- Advising on all aspects of VAT.
- Preparing budgets and quarterly financial reporting.
- Advising and assisting on Corporation Tax implications.
- Completing your annual accounts return.
For more information about how we can help your school or academy please contact us.