Charities and not-for-profit
Charities and not-for-profit organisations make a real difference to our communities, families and the world in which we live.
We have a dedicated team who specialise in working with charities and not-for-profit organisations at all levels and several of them act as trustees of local charities. With our practical experience and specialist knowledge of this area we will help you in the most practical and effective way.
We understand the challenges that charities and not-for-profit organisations face and offer effective planning, inspirational ideas and practical support to help ensure the development and success of your charity.
Let us help you by:
- assisting with the initial registration of your charity and advising on the different structures available and regulations you will need to comply with
- providing advice on the requirements of the Charities Statement of Recommended Practice (SORP)
- implementing and reviewing your financial systems and internal controls to ensure they are effective and robust
- providing advice on accounting systems and software for charities including training and support
- giving VAT advice – a complex area for charities
- offering training on responsibilities of charity trustees
- preparing management accounts and year end accounts
- preparing auditing accounts where required
- assisting with and advising on Gift Aid claims and tax effective giving
- dealing with the Charity Commission and compliance including completion of the Annual Return
- assisting with completion and audit of grant claims
- operating the payroll scheme for employees of the charity
By knowing the challenges charities face, we will work with you to provide practical advice to help you achieve your goals and ensure the success of your charity.
Contact us to find out more and meet our team.