From general builders to electricians, plasterers to large scale engineering firms, the construction industry is a vast sector both locally and across the UK.
Whether you are self-employed, running a small family business or a large construction company, our highly experienced team at David Allen have a thorough understanding of the practicalities of the construction sector. With our specialist knowledge, we will help you achieve your goals, whatever they may be, in the most practical and effective way, whether you are a contractor or a subcontractor.
We understand the ever changing pressures and financial demands imposed on the construction sector and the importance of talking to a specialist before starting a new project. We can provide effective planning advice to help you avoid cash flow problems and paying too much tax, leaving you to concentrate on your skill.
Paperwork may well be the last thing you want to think about after a long day on site and as such we can help you with the following:
- selecting the correct trading structure to operate with
- reviewing your project to determine the correct VAT rate to quote and charge
- ensuring you account for VAT at the correct time
- identifying your accounting needs to select the best accounting software system required and providing training and support
- reviewing the need for a payroll scheme and employees
- reviewing the work being undertaken and registering for the Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) if required.
- fulfilling CIS monthly requirements to avoid unnecessary penalties
- calculating work in progress at the period end for inclusion in financial statements
- preparing accurate management accounts and annual accounts
To find out how we can help you and your business, please contact us.