Leisure and tourism
Cumbria has something to offer all visitors, whether young or old. Best known for the beautiful Lake District National Park, the area is perfect for those seeking peace and tranquillity. For many, Cumbria is a destination for thrill seeking and adventure offering a range of outdoor opportunities from sailing, canoeing and kayaking to hiking, climbing and abseiling.
David Allen is immensely proud to be based in Cumbria, providing accountancy services to clients in the tourism, hospitality and leisure sectors. We understand that the county relies on a wide range of accommodation providers, visitor attractions, heritage sites and outdoor activities to support its economy and that we need to deliver a world-class visitor experience. Being able to deliver this comes with an increasingly complex burden of regulation and this is where we can help.
We will help guide you through complex legislation which will keep your tax liabilities to a minimum, while maximising the value of your business. Our people have a passion for personal service and with our specialist sector knowledge and extensive range of services we are able to assist with:
- business start-ups including business plans and plan reviews
- raising finance
- preparation of regular management accounts and statutory accounts
- assistance with bookkeeping systems whether manual or computerised
- effective business management software and IT solutions delivered by an expert team
- specialist VAT advice covering VAT on property
- specific tax planning advice including maximising capital allowances on improvements and refurbishments
- business valuations
- business structures and acquisition strategies
- assistance with payroll and employment issues including profit extraction plans for directors
- business disposals including pension and retirement planning
To gain a greater share of the important leisure market contact us.