Nitrate Vulnerable Zones
Since NVZ legislation came in to force it has been imperative that farmers with land falling within NVZ areas maintain the correct records, understand their responsibilities, and comply with the rules.
Whilst compliance is a burden on farmers, using the records maintained for NVZ purposes could help you use fertiliser more efficiently, optimising your return.
It is vital that you meet all relevant cross-compliance requirements regarding NVZ to avoid any deductions from your subsidies.
Our team offers a record keeping service to help farm businesses comply with current NVZ regulations. We keep up-to-date with the regulations and records necessary for full NVZ compliance and can help you with all aspects relating to your business such as:
- preparing and updating your NVZ risk maps
- maintaining your fertiliser and field records
- working out slurry storage requirements for periods when it cannot be applied
- calculating non-spreading conditions and areas
- controls during closed periods
- calculation of livestock nitrogen and manure limits
- grassland derogation applications
We maintain all records to the highest standards and can provide you with regular, easy to understand reports to help you make the best choices for your business.
For more information contact us.