|Job title||Accounts Senior|
|Department||Dalston and Dumfries|
|Salary||Negotiable on qualifications and experience|
|Closing date||Ongoing recruitment|
Aims and purpose of the job
To provide accountancy services to a range of business enterprises. To assist with delivering high quality, compliant and efficient services to both clients and staff through excellent customer service, communication and in the implementation of systems and processes.
Duties to include:
- Preparing and submitting accounts, VAT returns and any relevant documents for a range of business entities, ensuring all work produced is accurate, to the highest standard and in accordance with relevant legislation.
- Preparation of VAT returns and dealing with VAT compliance.
- Dealing with clients in a professional and courteous manner and ensuring that their data, information and records are secure at all times.
- Using and complying with business systems and processes, for example APS, Virtual Cabinet, Sage and Digita.
- Carrying out all work within a four week turn around period, where appropriate.
- Assisting with training junior members of staff and overseeing their responsibilities.
- Aiming to carry out all work efficiently with a recovery of at least 90%.
- Maintaining and updating workflow records in a timely and accurate manner.
- Working closely with other members of the team on specialist projects as and when required.
- Planning, managing and prioritising your own workflow, budgets and productivity to ensure targets and deadlines are met.
- Ensuring there is clear communication with your line manager and other team members on work being carried out.
- Helping your line manager identify ways to improve and develop the department.
- Dealing with all communications in a timely manner and ensuring they are of a high professional standard.
- Taking full responsibility for all work and tasks assigned to you.
- Representing the business when required to ensure positive links, relations and networks.
- Showing a commitment to diversity, equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practices.
- Undertaking personal development necessary to ensure effective performance in the role.
- Participating in relevant and appropriate training and development as required.
- Undertaking any other duties commensurate with the grade as appropriate.
Method of working
The David Allen Group expects all staff to work effectively, both as individuals and as part of a team, delivering high quality services and support to clients and staff. In doing so, the company expects all staff to display all of the core competencies as defined in the performance and development appraisal arrangements and to conduct themselves in a manner which befits their professional status and responsibilities.
Considerable importance is attached to the role the business plays in its various communities. It therefore follows that all staff are expected to work to maintain and develop these relationships at every opportunity by positively promoting the work of the business and the role it can play in supporting the aims of its stakeholders.
This job description is a guide to the work the post holder will be required to undertake. In consultation with the post holder, it may be amended from time to time by the line manager to meet changing circumstances or business needs. Specific targets and objectives will be agreed with the post holder and will be reviewed regularly as part of the performance management arrangements.
Below are some of the skills, knowledge and experience which are required for this post.
|Education and training||Essential (E) or Desirable (D)|
|Five GCSEs at Grade A-C (9-4) to include Maths and English||E|
|AAT/ACA/ACCA qualified; or graduates with an accounts related degree; or qualified by experience||D|
|Skills, knowledge and experience||Essential (E) or Desirable (D)|
|2+ years’ experience in accountancy practice in a relevant sector||E|
|Specialist Technical knowledge||D|
|DAPA – Digita Accounts Production Advanced||D|
|Competent in Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook||E|
|A good team player who is flexible in their approach||E|
|Excellent written and verbal communication skills||E|
|Ability to work accurately with care and attention to detail||E|
|Time management skills||E|
|Use own initiative||D|
|Personal qualities||Essential (E) or Desirable (D)|
|Hold high expectations of themselves and others within the company.||E|
|The ability to operate effectively, both individually and as a team member.||E|
|Professional and confident with the ability to respond to challenges in a calm and professional manner.||D|
How to apply