Aims and purpose of the job
We are looking for an experienced Accountant to effectively manage the operation of the Agriculture department by motivating the team and ensuring work is carried out accurately and efficiently at all times. The ideal candidate will be AAT qualified or higher with both managerial experience and a passion for Agriculture. Practice experience is preferred but not essential.
Duties to include
- The efficient allocation and organisation of workflow ensuring work is prioritised accordingly and all filing deadlines are met
- Effectively managing and motivating the team, including conducting appraisals and reviews, ensuring they are working efficiently, working to meet deadlines and budgets. Clear communication with the Management team and partners on work being carried out
- Daily communication with your team so that you are aware of the position that work is at and any issues which may arise
- Taking full responsibility for all work and tasks assigned to you
- Ensuring that all files include information required by the fee earner for the meeting in a clear and organised format covering all relevant items including personal tax position
- Ensuring all work produced is accurate, to the highest standard, and in accordance with relevant legislation
- Ensuring that each member of your team is working to the firm’s expectations and that any development needs are identified and acted upon. Where they are not meeting expectations ensure this is effectively managed
- Developing your knowledge and understanding of each client that we work with ensuring we are meeting their expectations
- Leading your team by setting high standards and being professional in all that you do
- Providing assistance, support and further training where needed to the team on technical issues
- Continually looking for ways to improve and develop the department and improve efficiencies
What can David Allen offer you?
- You will be a member of a people focused firm
- Plenty of training and development opportunities
- Enhanced annual leave, increasing throughout your length of service
- A competitive salary
- Sick pay scheme
- Flexible working
- A generous sick pay scheme
View all of our staff benefits here.
Does this sound like the ideal job role for you? Send your CV along with details of why your are suitable for this role to our recruitment team – email@example.com.