Do you have VAT payments due before 30 June 2020?
For the month or quarter ending:
- 29 February 2020 – due for payment 7 April 2020
- 31 March 2020 – due for payment 7 May 2020
- 30 April 2020 – due for payment 7 June 2020
The above payments have been deferred until the end of the tax year (31 March 2021).
- You will still be required to submit any VAT Returns due.
- This is automatic, you do not need to inform HMRC.
- Businesses who normally pay by direct debit should cancel this with their bank if they wish to utilise this deferral period. Please ensure this is cancelled in sufficient time so that HMRC do not attempt to automatically collect on the direct debit date.
- Repayments will be processed as normal.
Do you have a Self Assessment tax payment on account due to be paid by 31 July 2020?
If so, these payments have been deferred and are not due to be paid until 31 January 2021. This is automatic, you do not need to inform HMRC.