Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) policy
CSR for David Allen means that we take responsibility for the outcome of our activities on the environment, society and the economy, having a positive impact in all that we do.
Our business has been built on basic principles of trust, loyalty and commitment to our clients. We apply these same principles in all our dealings with our clients, our people and other third parties. We believe that the consistent application of those principles has formed the basis of long term relationships in the course of conducting our business. We aim to exceed our clients’ expectations providing a first class, efficient, caring and continuing professional service.
We’re proud to say that 99% of our clients would rate their main point of contact as excellent.
Supporting the community
We support our local community wherever we can and our ‘Charity of the Year’ initiative has raised more than £50,000 for local charities since 2015.
We understand that the talent and energy within our people can contribute to the kind of society we all want to live in. Our ‘give a day’ policy offers our people one days paid leave each year to get involved in a community or charity day. This is a great way to support valuable causes and offers our people the opportunity to work together within their local communities, on activities that benefit our local area.
Individuals are free to choose the focus of their voluntary work whether it be environmental responsibility or charity fundraising.
All of our people are encouraged to take up community roles, whether as trustees of local charities, school governors or as committed volunteers.
Protecting the environment
Our business recognises the need to protect the natural environment. Keeping our environment clean and unpolluted is a benefit to all.
We expect all our people to promote an environmentally aware culture and help us to meet the targets we set to improve our environmental performance.
To achieve this we actively promote environmental awareness amongst our people and have daily practices in place to encourage positive behaviour to achieve a greener culture and reduce our carbon footprint. Examples of these include:
Use of paper
- Introducing a secure and efficient document distribution and management system to allow us to share documents with clients through electronic communications, rather than paper based communications.
- Increased use of email.
- Minimising the amount of paper held on client files.
- Printing double sided.
- Recycling stationary.
- Making every effort to recycle waste including paper, cardboard, metal and plastic.
- Encouraging our people to adopt alternative forms of transport through our cycle to work scheme. In addition car sharing is actively encouraged throughout the business.
- Encouraging video conferencing to reduce travel in the first place.
- Replacing our existing office lighting with more efficient LED lighting and utilising energy efficient bulbs.
- Our people are encouraged to turn off electrical items when not in use and knock off lights in meeting rooms unoccupied.
- Energy efficient heating is adopted.
We are continuing with these measures because it is the right thing to do in this time of climate change. We also recognise several business benefits that will ensure the long term sustainability of our approach. Efficient use of energy and resources will help to reduce costs as well as shrinking our environmental footprint. We see increasing levels of concern and sophistication around environmental issues from our clients and proactivity embracing these is integral to our business, our people, our clients and the areas we work in as part of our commitment to deliver exceptional client service.
We want to be a responsible business that meets the highest standards of ethics and professionalism and as such we will conduct every aspect of our business with honesty, integrity and openness, respecting the interests of our people, our clients and third parties.