Clients can use the “Eat Out to Help Out” scheme to offer a discount to diners and encourage them to eat at your restaurant or café. The scheme applies every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday through August 2020, offering a 50% discount, up to a maximum of £10 per person, to diners who eat or drink inside the premises. The money can then be claimed back from HMRC. There is no limit to the number of times customers can use the offer during the period of the scheme but alcohol and service charges are excluded from the offer.
Registration for businesses will close on 31 August and the types of businesses eligible include:
- public houses that serve food
- hotel restaurants
- restaurants and cafes within tourist attractions, holiday sites and leisure facilities
- dining rooms within members’ clubs
- workplace and school canteens
HMRC is offering a number of tools to help get eligible businesses started with the scheme including:
- guidance on how to register on GOV.UK
- free live webinars which explain how the scheme works, provides examples and allows you to ask questions
- YouTube video explaining how the scheme works
- webchat service
- a dedicated helpline for restaurants
- promotional material including stickers
- UK wide advertising of the scheme
Our experts offer a high-quality personal service and our main goal is to be able to understand each client individually and provide them with tailor made advice which is easy to understand.
We are constantly reviewing the changes and how they affect our clients. We are here to help you and your business through these tough times.
If you require more information about the “Eat Out to Help Out” scheme, please contact us.