Tom has always worked in an agricultural environment holding a variety of positions including herd management, farm management and dairy herd management.
After graduating from Harper Adams University with a First Class Honours Degree in Agriculture and Business Management he worked as a Farm Business Consultant with Genus covering Shropshire, Staffordshire and Wales before relocating to Cumbria to join the David Allen team.
Tom’s specialisms include:
- dairy farm consultancy
- technical and financial planning and monitoring
- grassland and forage planning
- mastitis consultancy
- grant applications
- Countryside Stewardship Schemes
- FACT’s and Soil and Water Basis qualifications
- Nutrient Management Planning and NVZs.
Tom lives just outside Carlisle with his wife and son and when not at work he enjoys playing squash, barbequing and looking after the garden.