Generally, the VAT reduction from 20% to 5% will apply to food products served on the premises, hot takeaway food, holiday accommodation and admission to attractions. The reduced rate comes into force on Wednesday 15 July and lasts until 12 January 2021.
The type of supplies which will benefit from the reduced 5% rate include:
- food and non-alcoholic beverages sold for on-premises consumption, for example, in restaurants, cafes and pubs
- hot takeaway food and hot takeaway non-alcoholic beverages
- sleeping accommodation in hotels or similar establishments, holiday accommodation, pitch fees for caravans and tents, and associated facilities
- admissions to the following attractions that are not already eligible for the cultural VAT exemption such as:
- amusement parks
- similar cultural events and facilities
Our experts offer a high-quality personal service and our main goal is to be able to understand each client individually and provide them with tailor made advice which is easy to understand.
We are constantly reviewing the changes and how they affect our clients. We are here to help you and your business through these tough times.
If you require more information about the VAT Reduction scheme, please contact us.