|Job title||IT Technician|
|Salary||Negotiable on qualifications and experience|
|Closing date||Friday 7th December 2018|
Aims and purpose of the job
Support the David Allen Group by working with all business areas to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of all IT equipment, delivering an excellent service and ensuring all work produced is accurate and efficient at all times.
Delivering a customer service excellence and ensuring all work delivered is accurate and efficient at all times.
Duties to include:
- Ensure you respond promptly to internal IT related queries and all staff receive the highest level of service from you.
- Providing Windows application support to staff, over four sites on Windows 7 and Windows 10.
- Provide end user support for Microsoft Office 2013/365.
- Providing server application support.
- Domain administration for user account creation and maintenance.
- Building of new machines and maintaining of machine lifecycle.
- Aim to carry all work accurately and to the highest standard.
- Take full responsibility for all work and tasks assigned to you.
- Planning, managing and prioritising your workflow and productivity to ensure targets and deadlines are met.
- Ensuring there is clear communication with your line manager and other team members on work being carried out.
- Helping your line managers identify ways to improve and develop the department.
- Dealing with all communications in a timely manner and ensuring they are of a high professional standard.
- Maintaining your own professional and technical knowledge by attending technical workshops and further training, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, benchmarking state of the art practices, participating in professional societies and business networking meetings.
- Representing the business when required to ensure positive links, relations and networks.
- Showing a commitment to diversity, equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practices.
- Undertaking personal development necessary to ensure effective performance in the role.
- Participating in relevant and appropriate training and development as required.
- Undertaking any other duties commensurate with the grade appropriate.
Method of working
The David Allen Group expects all staff to work effectively, both as individuals and as part of a team, delivering high quality services and support to clients and staff. In doing so, the company expects all staff to display all of the core competencies as defined in the performance and development appraisal arrangements and to conduct themselves in a manner which befits their professional status and responsibilities.
Considerable importance is attached to the role the business plays in its various communities. It therefore follows that all staff are expected to work to maintain and develop these relationships at every opportunity by positively promoting the work of the business and the role it can play in supporting the aims of its stakeholders.
This job description is a guide to the work the post holder will be required to undertake. In consultation with the post holder, it may be amended from time to time by the line manager to meet changing circumstances or business needs. Specific targets and objectives will be agreed with the post holder and will be reviewed regularly as part of the performance management arrangements.
Below are some of the skills, knowledge and experience which are required for this post.
|Education and training||Essential (E) or Desirable (D)|
|GCSE Maths Grade A – C (9 – 4)||D|
|GCSE English Grade A – C (9 – 4)||D|
|Microsoft Certified professional qualifications||D|
|Skills, knowledge and experience||Essential (E) or Desirable (D)|
|At least 2 years’ experience in supporting and installing Windows based IT systems||E|
|Knowledge and experience of supporting Windows server 2012 R2 / 2016||E|
|Knowledge and experience of supporting Microsoft Exchange||E|
|Knowledge and experience of supporting Windows desktop operating systems||E|
|Excellent telephone manner and communication skills||E|
|Ability to work accurately with care and attention to details||E|
|Clean full driving licence||E|
|Time management skills||D|
|Personal qualities||Essential (E) or Desirable (D)|
|The ability to operate effectively, both individually and as a team member||E|
|Flexible approach to working hours||D|
|Professional and confident with the ability to respond to challenges in a calm and professional manner.||D|
How to apply