Aims and purpose of the job
To provide tax services to a range of business enterprises. To assist with delivering high quality, compliant and efficient services to both clients and staff through excellent customer service, communication and in the implementation of systems and processes.
Duties to Include
- Preparing and submitting Self Assessment tax returns for a wide range of clients, ensuring all work produced is accurate, to the highest standard, and in accordance with the relevant legislation, with emphasis being placed on ensuring there is a high level of technical content in all work.
- Delegating work and training junior members of staff to ensure Self Assessment tax returns are prepared accurately and in accordance with relevant legislation.
- Dealing with clients in a professional and courteous manner and ensuring that their data, information and records are secure at all times.
- Using and complying with business systems and processes, for example APS, Virtual Cabinet and Digita.
- Carrying out all work within a set turn around period, where appropriate.
- Aiming to carry out all work efficiently with a recovery of at least 90%.
- Maintaining and updating workflow records in a timely and accurate manner.
- Planning, managing and prioritising your own workflow, budgets and productivity to ensure targets and deadlines are met and assisting other team members when required.
- Ensuring there is clear communication with your line manager and other team members on work being carried out.
- Helping your line manager identify ways to improve and develop the department.
- Dealing with all communications in a timely manner and ensuring they are of a high professional standard.
- Taking full responsibility for all work and tasks assigned to you.
Download the PDF with full information on some of the skills, knowledge and experience which are required for this post.